JEE Advanced 2017
JEE Advanced conducts the popular examination of the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). For the year 2017, JEE Advanced will be conducted by IIT Madras.It is a national level examination through which admission to B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science & Pharmacy is provided in IITs and ISM. This examination is open for Indian national as well as for foreign national candidates. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The candidates can attempt this examination two consecutive times. Candidates may get the details about JEE Advanced 2017 including registration, application form, eligibility, exam dates, syllabus and rank list.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
JEE Advanced 2017 all important dates have been released. IIT Madras will conduct the exam on 21st May 2017.
After completion of JEE Main 2017 exam, the online registration for JEE Advanced 2017 will start. Given dates are tentative and will update on official announcement of IIT JEE exam dates.
|JEE Main 2017 (Offline Exam)||2nd April 2017|
|Jee Main 2017 Result Declaration||27th April 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration date||28th April 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration close||2nd May, 2017|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts from||10th – 21st May, 2017|
|JEE Advanced (Paper-1 and Paper-2)||21st May, 2017 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||31st May to 3rd June 2017|
|Display of Answer Keys||4th June, 2017|
|Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys||4th – 6th June, 2017|
|Result Declared on||11th June, 2017|
|Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||11th – 12th June, 2017|
|Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test||14th June, 2017|
|AAT Result Announcement Date||18th June, 2017|
|Seat Allotment Starts from||19th June to 18th July, 2017|
IIT JEE Advanced 2017 Registration
- The candidates can register themselves through the online portal of JEE Advanced.
- The JEE Advanced 2017 registration will begin from 28th April 2017.
- Registration will be live till 2nd May 2017.
- Before applying, the candidates have to create his/her account and register themselves and then fill the application form.
- The candidates will get the login details (ID and Password).
- Secure the login details till the admission done.
Also check: Last four years question paper with solution.
The details about the registration fee is given below:
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs 1200/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs 1200/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs 2400/-|
|Examination Centre Outside India
|All Candidates||USD 135 (For SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||USD 270 (For Non-SAARC Countries)|
IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants should ensure their the eligibility conditions as follows:
- Performance in Class XII: Candidate appearing for JEE Advanced 2017 has to score minimum 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) & 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in 12th or equivalent class. OR
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
- If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016, but writes one of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2017 for improvement or any other reason. Then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
- Performance in JEE (Main) 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2017.
- Age Limit: Candidates must possess the age on or after October 1, 1992. Five years age relaxation will be provided to the SC/ST candidates.Moreover these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
- No of Attempts: The candidates can appear the examination maximum two times in a consecutive years. Those appeared the examination in 2016 are also eligible to apply this year.
- However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2014-15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Must have appeared the 12th class first time with all the subjects either in the year 2016 or 2017. If candidate seeking for the improvement in the year 2017 then he/she has to appear the improvement exam in all the subjects.
Earlier admission at IITs:
A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Morever candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
IIT Advanced Exam Pattern
- Papers: JEE Advanced examination comprises of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Attempt: Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
- Duration: The duration of both exams will be three hours.
- Question Type: The question paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions.
- Mode of Language: The medium of the question paper will be Hindi or English.
- Subjects: Both question paper will contain the three separate sections i.e., Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
Zeroinfy is India’s Largest Online Platform for Exam Preparation, with over 200+ HD quality video courses, 25+ best Professors. Presently it covers exams like CA, CS, CMA, UPSC CSE, IIT-JEE. Moreover we provide access to the best, most reputed Professors, from across India, by streaming their classes online/ delivering it in pen drives. Moreover the lectures has multiple time views, 24X7, anytime anywhere. In addition to this there is a complete freedom to ask questions. As well as clear all doubts at every step by dedicated faculty who give unmatched, personalized feedback. For furthermore enquiries call 8100800601.
For other queries, check zeroinfy.com. Thank you!!